Monday, March 24, 2014

SPRING CLEANING 15

As you can see, the garden needs a bit of a tidy up. My plans for the front yard are to wait until the bulbs have finished flowering and then dig them up. In fact, dig up most plants, reposition and replanting everything where I fancy. I was not able to beat the bulbs due to the wind and rains of winter, so it will have to wait a few weeks until such time as the bulbs have all completed their show.
Dad's showpiece that everyone from Aunts to physiotherapists have commented on is his pieris tree. I like the flowers, berries, foliage, etc but not its position on the corner near the front door. It blocks the view a little. I will therefore be looking up how to transplant it on line and 'moving' it. The birds like it too, so I definitely hope to find it a different space to enjoy.
Possibly where the prickly bush is situated currently, next to the recycling wheelie. that would mean bringing the rose bush forwards, though... As you can see, there is much to be considered as well as research in how best to move each plant.


Early in the mornings, before it is properly daylight, I think the new colors in the kitchen look inviting. I am pleased with the choices I made and eager to get on and complete the lower hallway and stairs. Disposing of the fence debris and fitting in noisy/quiet work to suit my son's erratic daytime sleeping is currently more problem than the wind and rain. I hope to have completed the two sections by the close of the month, though. I also wish more stuff would shift. I get the odd Ebay sale, silence at Gumtree... and so live with a mess in the spare room still.

No comments:

Post a Comment