Tuesday, March 18, 2014

SPRING CLEANING 13

Spring has begun, but I still have just a couple more photos to share from the tail end of winter.

This is my latest blogwriting spot at the corner of the stairway in the lower hall. one far more serious matter was the appearance of a large moldy damp patch in what will become the spare room. I have already started opening the windows in that room, rather than just the door, as well as removing the mold by wet cloth.


My next task was to erect the new fence, which is made from PVC coated wire mesh. I got a 60cm x 10 meter roll and here is the finished product when finally I got off my butt and put it up. As you can see, I was able to leave a couple of rotten panels in situ. i am hoping that this will allow the hedgehogs to be undisturbed as they may hibernate in this area.

There is a small area where people using the garages next to us can see right into our back yard now, however I am going to be popping some rose cuttings taken from the fallen rose arch in the gap for them to grow up into the hedge at its edge.



You can see here how I hammered in the fence stakes and then tied the fencing to them. Sometimes with garden string, but also with wire ties as I found 34 lying about. Next, you can see where I u~tacked the end of the fence onto the post. It created a mess by the side of the house, as my friend who takes me to the tip on occasion was tied up. However the next tip trip has now been arranged for this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment