Saturday, November 12, 2016

OUTDOORS 7



This tiny little vegetable is a baby butternut. Alas, the first frost began to crumple the plant a little too soon. Yes, they were planted late, but I had hoped for the winter to hold off just a couple more weeks - never mind.


This is my kitchen windowsill - almost all the nasturtium seeds are now dried, the tomatoes continue to enter the house at around a half dozen a day and color up on the sill, and I have three spuds that will be planted whenever they chit - be it fall, winter, or spring!

November reached its first weekend and it being cold and frosty, I could not do much at the plot before my daytrip afterwards. I could however take a few pictures.

The first shows the patch beside the shed - where one cabbage and one Brussels sprout plants have survived slug-munchings. I have also planted some broad beans and garlic - a few of which are surfacing, although with the frosted soil they do not show up clearly in the photo. Behind the big purple Brussels sprout plant, you can see my clumps of mooli and rocket in front of the raised bed of strawberries.


The other strawberry bed and the dying nasturtiums are shown in my next shot - as are the artichokes. As you can see they are starting to die off - which means it will soon be time to harvest the tubers to munch!

No comments:

Post a Comment