Tuesday, November 22, 2016

INDOORS 10

I went back to tackle the carpet after lunch, expecting it to take a half hour or so, maybe leaving me time to do a few other odds and ends such as dismantling the curtains, or washing a wall. However, the scissors would not cut the carpet. I went downstairs to fish out the Stanley knife...

This did cut the carpet, with effort - but was rather noisy. Yes it was just after lunchtime, but my son works nights and sleeps afternoons. I therefore stopped cutting the carpet to bits and did a few other things. I will return to the carpet chopping task one MORNING.

The next small task was to carry the paint and polyfilla upstairs to encourage me to 'get on with it'. This did not seem to be doing enough and I had plenty of spare time til my evening job, so decided to tackle the curtains.

These pierrot design curtains were purchased and erected by my teenage self when I had a pierrot craze following the enjoyment of watching 'The Good Companions' on TV, and later reading the book. I am now 50 years of age however, so even if the black and white coloring would not look too out of place in my 'new look' bedroom to be, and if washing 35 year old curtains would not be risky, the design is somewhat off putting. I prefer plain one-color drapes. The Medicine Buddha prayer flags I will retain, rinse thru, and re hang however.


These larger Tibetan prayer flags will also be rinsed and rehung once the room has been decorated. Also adorning the walls, I have a pair of etchings I was sent by a hotel I stayed at aged 18. These will probably be replaced after the painting, also.

Before getting much further, I decided to look into the built-in closet in order to see just how much stuff I would need to deal with - and whether to just shut the door or tackle it...

The slim new white closet that Liz gave me for Christmas 2015 stays! I love it and want to get all shiny white new furniture when I have painted and recarpetted the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment