Friday, October 28, 2016

INDOORS 5


This is the reason my old Henry blew a fuse. My son had allowed about a foot of this gunk to build up, clogging up the tubing and brush attachment. The new Henry was ordered Sunday afternoon, Asda promptly sent it, and it arrived at Yodel sort center before midnight ready for next day delivery, Monday - but, as I write this blog on the following Friday afternoon, it still sits at the yodel SC.


I have however moved forward in other areas. I had an enjoyable 6 hour trip out with a group of friends Thursday, and purchased two cans paint ready to redecorate my bedroom. Here is a color illustration of the shade selected.


I got so cross at the non-delivery, I cancelled and requested a refund. Now, let us recall that it sat in the sorting office from Sunday night thru Friday night - without the company managing to deliver it to its intended destination - me. By Saturday morning, less than 12 hours after I requested a refund, the parcel managed to have been returned to the sender...


Getting on with my bedroom redecorating, the next task - and only one left before getting a new vac - was to transfer a dusty bookshelf full of books from the bedroom downstairs into the spare room. I had originally decided to leave it in the room with the cupboard Liz gave me for Christmas - but then I figured - I live in a whole HOUSE, not just one room now - why should I have my bookshelf in my bedroom when I could have it with my computer down in the spare room!


I managed to wipe it over, managed to get the books out, and just about managed to get it down the stairs - though I got stuck a few times and scraped paint 3 times trying, so should probably have waited til Liz helped me shift big furniture - and refill it. I had to ruin one book (One I shall never read again anyway) to prop the shelf up, though - as it tilted forward and seemed unsafe otherwise.


Finally - good news! Liz phoned to ask if I would like a lift to a nearby Currys store to buy a new vacuum and I said YES! So I finally have my new Henry and my son has my old Henry - and we can BOTH keep our rooms clean! In one way this is good, that he broke it and I repaired one - as now HE has his very own vacuum - to use and to take with him when he gets a mortgage and moves out - which could happen in as little as 3 months!

Meanwhile - Asda sent me an email asking me to rate the Henry I never rec'd from them and yodel twice left messages on my phone telling me to inform Asda that they had lost my parcel and needed to report it as missing...

No comments:

Post a Comment