Sunday, October 23, 2016

INDOORS 4


I set to work gloomily Tuesday afternoon, wiping over bedroom furniture ready to be moved down to the spare room. The 'next day' delivery vacuum that did not arrive Monday (which was the next day) as promised, had not arrived Tuesday either, but I had no choice but to start cleaning things ready. I cannot move them downstairs until the carpet is vacced though, and would have preferred to have vacced under the furniture as well as wiped it over.



I decided to investigate the old vacuum. It might have been a motor blow out, or a fuse in the plug, or one of any number of possibles - the only one of which I could actually check/fix without an electrician to aid me was the plug fuse. I managed to use logic and figure out how to open a modern plug - not with a screwdriver as in the olden days, but lifting a plastic flap!


A 13amp fuse appeared - not surprisingly. I searched about the house to see if I could find something with a 13 amp fuse in to test out - just to see if a repair would be cheap and easy - or impossible. The laptop computer didn't have a 13 amp, the drill didn't, but the kettle did!

I tried and yes - the old vac did now work again! I was still not happy, as the kettle needed it more. I replaced the kettle fuse and emailed my son - suggesting he buy a new 13 amp fuse, and that he could then have the old vacuum as his very own after the new one arrived. (That would also have the added benefit of my not having to loan him a brand new vacuum and risk having his blow another fuse - or worse.)


In the meantime, the carpet is yukky... so instead of progressing with the room, I cooked a lemon/macademia cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment