Friday, October 21, 2016

INDOORS 2


This is a caterpillar. He came with the organic broccoli I purchased and I set him free by popping him in a scraps bag with some green stuff. He decided to stay with me rather than wait til I went outside and climbed out of the bag and up the wall - across the ceiling - down the wall - and stopped HERE - above the fridge.

I did try to take him off the wall to take outside, but he was stubbornly clinging on and determined to pupate right THERE. The next day he began to pupate - so I guess I shall eventually have a butterfly in my kitchen!



Here you can see the chili plants progressing - each plant has 4 'hot lemon' chilies dangling from it. Once the chilies are harvested, I will attempt to over winter the plants.


I have now brought in my chocolate habanero plant - again. It began on the kitchen windowsill, got planted in the yard, put in a pot in the poly tunnel, and is now back in the kitchen.

I was ready - yet again - to progress with my bedroom decorating in the middle weekend of October. My plan was to thoroughly clean over the spare room and then the bedroom furniture that was to be moved. I hoped to move it sometime soon, when my friend is over her cold - and at least to buy bedroom paint on one of my two nights off from work.

Alas, my plans were ruined yet again. The last time I was raring to go - I got bitten by a large dog. This time, the vacuum failed. I was not happy to spot some small black living insects in the recycling box my son put out a couple of weeks ago, and have since nagged him to clean his room weekly. His response was 'ok - but I can't clean under the bed'. My response was to loan him my vacuum - which has a very long tube and small brush and can easily fit under the biggest of bed, let alone my son's wooden single bed. This was a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment