Saturday, October 22, 2016

INDOORS 3

I left the vac out on the middle Sunday of the month for my son to clean under his bed as mentioned in my last post - and dusted around in the spare room - but...

...the next time I saw the vac I was horrified. The brush head was clogged with clumps of filth and dust - the entire tube was packed solid with muck. I realized there was likely to be a bag FULL of muck, but had had no idea my son would just shove the nozzle under the bed and not look where it was going or check to see that all was well.

I managed to wipe off the excess muck, clean out the tubing, and with a rather grim face proceeded to use the vac in order to clean up 1-2 small clumps left on the upper hallway carpet after replacing the bag. The vacuum did not work. My son had killed the vac outright - not just clogged it up.

Some distressed frowning on my part, excusing himself on his, lessons in how to use a vac and how to clean under a bed issued, and complaining on both sides later, my son said the supermarket where he works sometimes sell Henry vacuums and he supposed he would have to pay for one with the rent payment next week.

Finally, I ordered a replacement online and have billed my son. Although ordered on next day delivery, it put my plans to clean up my bedroom furniture ready to move out again. It seems my plans to redecorate my bedroom are cursed!

And things get worse. I ordered online Sunday and was emailed twice - order accepted and order sent to courier. Alas, when checking the tracker the parcel apparently 'arrived' late Sunday night - but has not moved since.


It is now Tuesday afternoon and the exact same result appears on the parcel tracker. I telephoned last night after work and the supermarket said they would ring the courier in the morning and phone me around 8am - I did not hear back from them either.


I look at my lovely new carpet - just 2 months old - and sigh... I can't get that flick and muck off it til my new vac arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment