Thursday, January 28, 2016

WINTER WONDERS 35



With blisters and a stiff-muscled backside, I was proud to have done with the job of carpet removal - but it did not end the job of spare room renovating. As you can see in the above shot, I have a new problem - not only do I have a dozen or so still not properly fixed flaky-paint dots, I now additionally have a damp patch in the corner.

Thankfully, my friend gave me a LOT of paint - I am going to need it. Next up, might be to await dry weather and mortar up any unspotted previously holes in the corner of the exterior wall, heater on, then repaint....

The next task to catch my mind was the toilet. My son did not need his wall or ceiling paint left overs for touch ups, only the gloss, and I had some spare from the ceiling of the spare room and a few others walls and ceilings about the house. I planned to use the spare paint to create an artistic toilet of multi-colored design.


I began by washing most of the first wall - alas, there was a spider up in the top right hand corner and although I nudged its web to hint, it would not budge. I gave up. I can paint the toilet anytime this year...

Back in the spare room, the damp patch grew and grew. I put the heat on low and waited. There was nothing I could do while it rained to fix the problem. As I type, we are on the second 24 hour period without rain - if it does not rain tomorrow, the last small tub of mortar will be mixed and the offending holes filled in. Alas, it is now dark and the forecast appears to be for overnight rain, so the task might have a wait a little longer. (It did...and still as I post this we have rain every 2-3 days at least, sigh)


No comments:

Post a Comment