Sunday, January 17, 2016

WINTER WONDERS 33





This strange item is a childhood memory of mine - that I have since thrown out as it serves no current purpose. I did however wish to record it as a photograph before doing so. My grandmother used to sit in a tall winged arm chair in her living room and was deaf. I was often told not to shout as her hearing aid hurt her if I did. This grandmother died shortly after I turned 4.

While I was three, she gave me this piece of woven fabric and began to teach me embroidery stitches. The idea was to make my mother a 'pretty' sample of my newly learned skills. It did not get completed, although as you can see my Grandmother did teach me several different stitches prior to her death, and I chose various colored threads to carry out my work. I am rather impressed with my edging stitches - though the ones in the center are rather messy.



This next shot is proof that I now have an empty corner rather than a pile of messy bag filled boxes in my bedroom. When it stops raining while I am there, I hope to carry home from my friend's place my brand new cupboard to site in the corner for now, and relocate elsewhere in the room once redecorated. The spring water is piled upwards now to make more room.



Inside the closet is not as messy as I had imagined - and here it is when two of the boxes of bags had been stuffed inside. It was mostly empty cardboard boxes and blankets. I recalled the 2 suitcases had been stashed there, but not much else. Luckily the box of carry-bags and the carton of plastic bags both fit - out of the way!



Onto the kitchen, as December drew to its closing half, I purchased a mop. I had used a broom with spray canister up til now, but finally invested in a mop and mop bucket at last. Finally for today's post, shortly before Christmas cooking on Christmas Eve, I retidied the pantry - yep - yet again!




No comments:

Post a Comment