Thursday, January 14, 2016

GARDEN GLIMPSES 31


The first Camellia flower opened its bud on December 17 this year. Now that there is enough light to use it, I have begun to tidy the poly tunnel so that I can do so - half as a poly tunnel and half as a potting shed. These next two pictures show it as it was half way through my tidy up. Naturally more work will be done before spring seeds are planted and housed either here or in the patio greenhouse.


In the left shot you can see my bags of leaf mould and the broom bucket that had a broken handle being reused to be a potato bin. There is also dead hanging stuff and an empty table and a thermometer in situ... On the right, I have placed some trays ready for seeds and the watering cans - along with the onion sets I already planted.


The bucket underneath is now also in use as a potato bucket and situated beside the former broom bucket. At the back, the table now has a few pre-seed trays ready to go. There are also new trays on the staging from the patio - which as you can see below, needs a tidy up also - before erecting the patio greenhouse. That white thing may end up in the poly tunnel too...



Oh look! I did remove it...to the poly tunnel. This is how the patio looked as December passed beyond Christmas and approached its close. The chairs I do not want, the weeds and grub needs clearing, and the pots filling with soil and putting either in the poly tunnel or on the patio front and I will be ready to erect my patio greenhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment