Thursday, January 21, 2016

WINTER WONDERS 34




Let me start today's post back in the bedroom - with a shot of my closed closet door. Well, almost closed - as you can see, one of the tasks lying ahead of me in the new year is to rehang the closet door - as it does not shut.

Talking of tasks lying ahead - by the close of 2016, I hope to have recarpeted and furnished the spare room, repainted, carpeted, and furnished the bedroom, and repainted the toilet. That will leave painting the ceiling/carpeting/refurnishing the coffee room, re-sheeting the poly tunnel, and completely renovating the bathroom for 2017.

Back to the spare room. The week between Xmas Eve and New Years Day was vacant of evening work, leaving me free post morning duties to do as I chose. without the need to be done by 5pm. My friend had promised to drop the curtains off sometime soon, and I decided to get on with the spare room in the meantime to occupy my spare time and energy usefully.

I therefore hacked up the carpet under the heater with my new lino-knife and a third the carpet in the center of the room under stuff. Moving the stuff to the back of the room along with the already bagged carpet my friend and I had worked hard on previously, I began with the remaining remnant.



In the above picture you can view the bags of carpet, my painting chair, 2 pictures and 4 bags of 78's that are going to the tip when my friend has time to take them, and to the right you can see the small pile of stuff that is yet to be sorted or to remain. The recliner chair will remain unless sold, the vacuum stuff also - the rest is mostly to be gotten rid of or just painting left-behinds.

I gave up, took a couple hours break, then went back and finished the job.

NO CARPET!!!!



None of that horrendously loud, itsy-bitsty, covered in muck, out dated, monstrosity remained un-bagged. The room had a clean slate floor - almost literally, as it was tiled - ready for me to select a brand new carpet! That is - after my friend takes the crap to the tip with me - she might be a little too busy for a while, though due to overseas guests due anyday now...




No comments:

Post a Comment