Saturday, January 16, 2016

WINTER WONDERS 32



I was not feeling very well - with a mildly upset stomach and heavy head from sinus issues. I did however want to get something done, so pushed myself to tidy the corner a bit more. Regular readers will recall that I did begin this a few weeks ago. However, a friend of mine is giving me a tall cupboard for Christmas and I have decided to place it between the window and closet doors and use it to house my socks and underwear etc. It will be the first piece of new furniture for my bedroom and I am getting quite excited thinking about how neat the room will eventually be when redecorated and with new furniture and carpet installed.


As you can see, I made an effort and am now left with just 2 large cartons - one houses my plastic bags and the other my shopping/trip bags. One day, I would like to stash these in the closet behind the boxes, where I seem to recall throwing a couple of suitcases from my relocation back to England after 22 years living in Australia...

Alas, I will need to sort out the closet door - as it does not shut properly. I think and hope that I can rehang it myself - or with the help of my friend, at least. You can probably also see a pile of 'crumbs'...


Sigh - it appears that soap-muncher the mouse at some point attempted to relocate into my room from the loft. From the result, I can inform you that mice like to chew Tesco plastic bags more than other brands - and they do NOT like Sainsbury's' bags at all!

I have now 'fed Henry' and have a nice clean area prepared for my promised Christmas gift. I can drool away about throwing the rubbishy old furniture out and getting nice new stuff after a repaint, now....with this tall cupboard being the first arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment