Saturday, November 22, 2014

FALL CLEANSINGS 31

My next task indoors was to prepare the radiogram for sale. I had more or less cleared the top, leaving just the basket of garden gloves and tools and bin bags. This was easily moved to the drawers behind and polish was applied to the then bare-topped radiogram.


The next task was to check inside. I found yet another batch of 78's in the record drawer to the side, and inside the top...


...were 3-4 plastic bags of newspaper wrapped somethings. Or at least, so I thought as I removed them. As I began to unwrap the somethings however, I discovered they were just plastic bags of rolled up newspaper with nothing inside the paper. My thought that my parents had managed to stash away more precious junk turned to a thought that they must have read somewhere that this was the best way to keep a radiogram in good condition - even if it no longer functioned.

Bags cleared, I could see the no longer working insides. perhaps repairers can repair such, although only a collector would want a 78-playing dinosaur, surely? I was assuming that the radiogram would only be of interest to someone wanting retro furnishings, perhaps as a shelf or coffee table, but...


This last shot is not the radiogram - but the dresser. I am now taking you into the kitchen to refresh your memory of the fact that this is a home, not a DIY monster with the homely sight of a used item.

No comments:

Post a Comment