Saturday, November 15, 2014

FALL CLEANSINGS 29

Above is a shot looking east, to show what was left to be done in the upper hallway. There was not so much ceiling left, but quite a lot of trim and door. One thing that has been of mild annoyance to me is something that delighted me in my youth - the name plate on my bedroom door. 
The problem is, that although I like the idea of my room being labeled, I do not go by the name of Sandra any longer. I have been known as Sandy, Sandie, Sand-dee, Sandeye, and finally Sande since my teens - shortly after the nameplate was stuck on.

I left the house aged 21, and it was not until I returned in my mid forties that I re-encountered the now incorrectly named doorplate. Finally, paint pot in one hand and brush in other, I began to correct the error of my youth...


...until it was more or less obliterated. The next step is to decide what color to paint the plate and whether to put my now name or a picture/design on top. Back to the main upper hallway work, though. The upper banister and trim needed my attention and part of the wall had only had one coat of cookie dough.

I then prepared to paint the doors. This was taken up while my son was away on a hiking holiday as both our bedroom doors would need to stay open for 3 days while being painted and drying.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment