Sunday, November 9, 2014

FALL CLEANSINGS 26







Back to the painting. As October reached mid-way, I began to get stuck in to the stairway and upper hall paintwork. My son was on vacation, so not sleeping daytimes. This allowed me to bump and bang and swish and slosh about without disturbing him. The stairway top and ceiling would be the worst part - and the only part that would get a roller applied to it in my painting! The photo below shows the area I can not reach from the landing or stairs without the use of a roller or some seriously dangerous acrobatic chair-balancing.



Meanwhile, how is my banana and butternut wine going, regular readers may wonder? The first day the yeast acted like a lava lamp, going up and down continually.




 
Back to the painting and the dreaded roller work. Whilst all but a tiny crack was paintable with the roller, I continue to dislike using rollers. They splatter tiny droplets all over everything below. Yes, I did lay a ragged cloth down on the stairs, but - not the stair rail, which is now 'gritty' textured... :(


No comments:

Post a Comment