Sunday, February 28, 2016

WINTER WONDERS 40


Firstly, I had to remove the cabinet and mirror from the wall where they have lived for between 2 and 4 decades. This task was done one Friday morning prior to taking an elderly friend for a walk. The mirror was easy, with a couple of twists of my screwdriver it fell off. The cabinet required the attention of a screwdriver and chisel, though, as there were two small screws and one huge one securing it to the bathroom wall.


You can see that I was successful in removing both items eventually, and also the amount of dirt that had accumulated behind them - ew. My next task therefore, was to clean the wall over using baby wipes, paper towels soaked in vinegar, and finally a cheap cleaning cloth. I let it dry while taking my friend for her walk...


Those mucky-yukkys are now outside the house awaiting a tip trip - along with a broken lawn mower and several bags of plastic infested weed-roots. In the above picture you can see the turquoise coloring our bathroom used to be when I grew up...along with the planned repaint that occurred after I had left the house to live in Australia for 22 years.


I got back from my short trip out and prepared to secure the new bathroom cabinet to the wall. The drill was ready, as were the cabinet, wall plugs, screws...



...everything except for an extension lead for the drill. I measured it out, and discovered that using my computer surge protection bar lead would just reach from the upper hallway plugs to the bathroom with the drill added, so began the next task - marking where to drill.


I measured the cabinet, sited it in my mind on the wall, marked its external corners, then where I figured the screws would insert...

No comments:

Post a Comment