Thursday, March 3, 2016

WINTER WONDERS 41


Despite careful measuring, from corners of cabinet exterior, in relation to the other 3, and from the wall to one side, once drilled, the screw sites were not entirely accurate. However, I began with the upper holes and continued to the lower pair.


All seemed to go well at this stage and so I inserted the wall plugs - or tried to. The lower righthand corner one did not go in properly, and I had to drill the hole deeper. I also had to hammer them in gently...


I then had the task of balancing the hefty cabinet in one hand while inserting screws with the other. I managed - just. I fixed one screw in position and wound it in a little way by hand, then screwdriver, before inserting the other top screw and doing likewise. I then screwed these in about halfway, or a little further before doing likewise with the bottom two.

I did encounter a small problem or two - but once all four had been screwed in as far as was possible, the closet held firm and secure to the wall when nudged. The first problem was the upper righthand screw being at an angle and the second being the lower righthand screw not meeting the wallplug at all, but it fixed itself into the wall anyways.



The cabinet was up - and felt secure! It was then time for me to hop off to the funeral of a neighbor...

No comments:

Post a Comment