Saturday, March 12, 2016

SPRING CLEANING 36



I filled the new bathroom cabinet and was happy to find slots for everything - including the items that had formerly been situated on top of the old closet. I was very happy to have a shiny new-looking bathroom cabinet - despite the ugly room it was shining out into. There is much work to be done in there - and not just the sweeping of the floor under the work! I think you will agree though, that the before and after shot shows a great improvement.


Winter was over. Spring arrived with March 2016. I had already begun my spring cleaning by thoroughly going over the lower hallway, but my first non-regular task of the new season was to wash the spare room floor. I had picked up a new mop head, so after my initial water/broom scrub, was able to mop it over.


You can see that I no longer have a room filled to the brim of stuff to get rid of - just a recliner, a back rest, and few boxes and bags along with the painting stuff. Another task that should soon be completed is the former fireplace.


I aim to cover the boarded up piece with burgundy foil to match the curtains - after fixing the board more firmly. Before that task could be started, I caught a cold. This put me out for around a week as I was conserving my energy for work and essential cleaning. As it became a hacking cough, I began to get up straight with the cleaning, ready to bounce into spring cleaning mode and DIY mode after - but whilst snort-splutter-awhooshooing, I did tackle one simple job - the shower curtain.


The old shower curtain had been up for 3-4 years and was getting grimy at the base. I had a voucher for bathroom accessories, so decided to splash out on a new shower curtain!

No comments:

Post a Comment