Thursday, October 2, 2014

FALL CLEANSINGS 20

Fall has now descended upon us, yet the fairly-mild weather has allowed much to happen in the yard and house. Or at least it would have done had I not fallen into a spot of being unwell with infections and flu.


My friend gave me a lift to the tip, clearing the junk from the side of the house in mid-September and I have felt full of energy for several days. Having lived so many years in Australia, it feels like spring cleaning season to me - so that is why my energy became actions indoors. The tip-trip also removed a few items from the pink n white room, allowing me to 'begin' to clear and clean. From the following rather poor lighted video, I think you will see that I have quite a job on my hands, though. 

 
I began by sweeping all uninhabited cobwebs from the ceiling. Alas, many still had spiders dwelling in them and had to be left for now. Next, I wiped over the socket, tubing, heater, and part of the door. This made a slight difference in appearance and a great difference in smell to the room. Then, I shook out the two linoleum mats - alas this had little effect, as they had stains and dried mud stuck on them. Finally, I swept the floor...


It doesn't look that much better. The next day, I carried part-pots and unused pots of paint to the shed, shook out the rug, and re-swept - but it still does not look much better.

One area I have tidied up for fall is the entryway near the front door. This has been painted and cleaned before and now I have added a tee-light burner to the sill. It is really a Christmas decoration, so will be replaced eventually - possibly by an aromatheraphy oil burner.

 
I was hoping to buy a pasta-dish to add to my collection of kitchenware. Today, at the store, I spotted one. Right shape, color, size... but alas, 'made in China' adorned the base - so it went back onto the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment