Saturday, October 18, 2014

FALL CLEANSINGS 21

Returning indoors, my favorite chore started a spree of activity. I turned out the pantry - yet again. It seems to be the best way to get me to go beyond the regular everyday cleaning and start to think about doing something to progress turning my parent's dump into my personal palace.



However, the dreaded cleaning of the former 'pink n white' room lay ahead - still. Each time I began, something halted my progress it seemed. I fell ill, had too many coffee-dates and shopping excursions, and then the weather was so beautiful I spent a lot of time outdoors. Eventually it became time to tackle the room though - or at least make a start.


 
Here you can see a grotty corner and a table that needed to be removed to the front/spare room. You can also see that I removed the clean white stools that double as seating and coffee table when needed. With the table gone, I could get to work cleaning the walls and floor...



One clean later, it was not looking that much better, however. This time, I did not let this stop me from stepping a little closer towards my goal of fixing up the room. I recleaned the walls and floor in the eastern half of the room a day or two later. I was still faced with a pile of stuff on top a radiogram and chest of drawers in the insert - and the horrid feeling that they both might contain more 'stuff'...



No comments:

Post a Comment