Sunday, October 5, 2014

GARDEN GLIMPSES 6


This is the corner between the laurel tree and compost bin up the side of the garden. I spent ten minutes tidying it up - by removing a roll of chicken wire. My dad must have made some sort of makeshift wire fence - for some unknown reason. Attached to it were green wire tying it to three poles and a piece of short plastic fencing. This is all piled up ready for the next tip trip. 


The pond is doing well. Although there still appears to be a lot of algae on the surface, it is a lot better than it was previously. You can see the water through the algae now. I re-piled rocks around the edge at the far end, as the lining was coming away a bit. You can also see where i yanked out some pond irises and replanted just a few - the clump was massive previously and quite took over the corner.




Moving along to my veg plot - as you can see, along with the weeds, 6 potatoes are doing well and a few mooli. The leeks and marigolds did not surface. My next job is just as disheartening as the pink n white room is indoors. I want to tidy and clear the patio so that I can take a stool outside and sit out there with a coffee sometimes. Chairs for sale - 4 green plastic garden chairs anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment