Thursday, October 30, 2014

FALL CLEANSINGS 24


I was still not content with the arrangement on the hallway windowsill, so once more changed things around. This time, the duck and tee-lite holder were swapped. I find this a far better 'look'. While no longer shining outwards into the garden, it is safer to have the candle on the side away from telephone wires, I think.


The next indoor task was to paint the undercoat of the trim going up the stairway in Tibetan Gold paint. This meant heaving (or in my case, dragging) the huge telephone 'closet' towards the front door and away from the wall and allowing my friends the spiders time to readjust and 'move on'. A few hours after shifting the heavy closet, filled with yet more junk that I need to be rid of via sales/donations, I could begin.



I began by vaccuming the dust and paint flecks from behind the closet and wiping down the area to be painted, then waiting a while for it to dry before painting.



I made my way as far up the stairs as I could find Chux to accompany me. Once I ran short of Chux, I stopped. It was therefore only a half-hour job. However, this half hour of painting was sufficient for me to leave the front door open for an hour or two. This allowed a slimy pal of mine to enter and investigate. Here he is sliming inside and observing from the wall by the front door.






A day later, I top coated the area I had previously painted. I now need to decide whether to progress by painting a line of brown paint as high as I can reach and then rolling the ceiling and above-line - or to finish the tin I started of Cookie Dough on the walls, and then do that chore...



No comments:

Post a Comment