Friday, September 26, 2014

GARDEN GLIMPSES 5

In the front yard, I have had a weekly snipping of brambles. Additionally, I have recently - during the second half of August - started to prune the hedges.
Among the small treasures that I have discovered I now own due to inheritance, are this small begonia. It shines out brightly among the now-dead weeds that I gradually clear.


I may take it down to the graveyard to deposit upon my parents grave in due course - or may not. I have the idea to empty out the fuchsia plant and hyacinth bulb from pot into the container tray itself, and add a plant or two - then leave and ignore it. This may sound rough, but I personally do not care to attend to 'bones n stones' - once a being dies, they move on to a new life - no longer inhabiting the bones or ash of the previous body - so, for me at least, I prefer to ignore the 'left behind' bits and get on with it - possibly tracing their new lives, if I choose to. My parents were both Christian, not Buddhist - so I suppose I ought at least to leave some permanent plants on site, in recognition of their own faith before ignoring their historical remains.
Onto less morbid matters - in the front yard, one plant that has done wonders this year is the passionfruit. As you can see, it has outgrown itself! Covering the cotoneaster, it produced multiple flowers - more than it has done in any year since I have returned to the residence. I have yet to see any fruit this year, but have hopes! (Since originally writing this post a week or two ago, there have now appeared 6 fruits)

Since taking the photos, I have since fixed a second veg plot up ready for a second-season growth and planted the two patches combined with 5 orla spuds, half a packet of leek seeds, half a packet of calendula seeds, and half a packet of mooli seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment