Monday, September 8, 2014

SUMMER SLOSHING 8

August was also fairly eventful indoors. My gooseberry & ginger wine is still frothing but not bubbliing away under the kitchen table. I have now amassed 4 empty wine bottles in preparation for its end product. I am uncertain as to how long it will take, but hopefully enough time for me to purchase a clean siphon and change from one wine-making jar to the other, empty and rinse the first and begin a second wine - ready to transfer to the other wine jar when the first batch is bottled.


I also tackled 2 boxes, 2 drawers and a suitcase filled with magazines, letters, papers, etc. I was assisted by a coffee and open front door... As you can see from this next picture, most of that bag was garbage - with a lot of very old stampos going to charity and a few papers worth scanning and donating to my son - or a museum!

I am gradually getting through the enormous task of clearing the spare room - but I cannot go much further until somebody purchases the recliner chair and 11 boxes of books. THEN I can tackle the pink and white room, removing the tv table and linoleum from the spare room. Once that is done, everything left can be shoved into the room center, the sofa can be hacked to bits and taken to the dump, and I can begin to strip wallpaper and paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment