Sunday, April 27, 2014

SPRING CLEANING 24

April's second week gave me lovely weather and the opportunity to progress in the yards. One of the tasks I have been working with is to clear the patio of stuff I do not want, and to fill it with things that I do. This meant the removal of the broken mini greenhouse and much debris and the sorting out of pots and tubs.

In the above photo you can see the tubs I have chosen to retain. There are two more stonewear beige items and two other large plastic containers I will fill shortly. They are currently being filled with rose cuttings, bulbs, and bird seed. I have also been removing the weeds and the dead whatevers that were already in them.

As you can see my tomato & eggplant seedlings are not quite ready to be transferred into the veg plot. I have 4 leafy sprouts and 4 shooting things, with some brown blobs at the moment. Maybe by the close of the month, I can start planting them out.

Meanwhile, I have been repotting my geraniums, as you can see from the photo below. The pots were too tiny for them and also the soil inadequate, so I gave them a refreshing treat. I also topped up the two hanging geraniums that dad originally planted which now occupy the kitchen and read n relax room wall hangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment