Thursday, April 17, 2014

SPRING CLEANING 22

Here is why I left the pond maintenance for a day or two. I was about to pull out some of the excess plants along the edge when I spotted a little someone sitting in them. A couple of days after, I was able to go back and scoop out some rotting leaves and other smelly muck and replace it with several cans of fresh water.
I was soon back to painting work. I continued along the hallway with the trim as you can see. The next painting task is to second coat the frame and water box seen in the shot and then surround the front door and work my way up the stairs. The lower hall is almost finished.

The next task that cropped up was to investigate what was causing the damp moldy patches to spread in the corner of the spare room. I soon found out the cause. I know now what was causing the room to be so cold despite Dad having the heater on high 24/24, and also the whistling sound on windy days.

My first thought was to buy the tiniest bag of cement I could find, although to my knowledge they do not sell them in 250/500g bags. I asked about and was told I could get a small tub of premixed. Plans were to buy such a tub early April...


No comments:

Post a Comment