Sunday, April 13, 2014

SPRING CLEANING 21

Here you can see that the roses which I pruned back severely are still alive and starting to regrow themselves. Hopefully by this time next year, they will have reached the top of the framework and be able to either bend over and grow down or grow up above the arch.
Yes, time to tidy the patio. I have since placed the stove or chimney pipe and what was once a vacuum cleaner then a plant pot (Dad, whatever were you thinking of!!) to the side alley ready to go to the tip. I chopped the grass and swept up the leaves and soil and debris. I have also moved the plastic tubs that once held manure.

The flowering onions that I removed from my 2nd veg plot and placed in front of the rose arch along with some lemon balm a friend gave me are doing well. I began to dismantle the mini greenhouse by removing the plastic covering. If it had not been ripped when falling in a storm last Spring, I could have sold it or even used it. The great big holes did not make it very protective though.

As you can see from this view, I have been busy digging over my veg plots. I already have several crops planted ~ but as yet only weeds have surfaced. Next, I decided to do some pond maintenance...

No comments:

Post a Comment