Sunday, May 4, 2014

SPRING CLEANING 25

The second weekend of April arrived and still being sunny if slightly chilly I began yet again to work on upgrading this establishment that I now own. I cut back most of the brambles in the front yard, cut back some of the overgrow on the cotoneaster, snipped a few pieces of ivy and other unwanted stuff, and threw it all into the center of the front yard.

The plot is to cut out anything that I do not want and let grow everything else, this year. Next year, I aim to reposition things to the exterior while leaving the center free to be piled with cuttings, weeds and natural cuttings/debris. Another observation of the exterior wall was given, to ascertain if any further polyfillaing was required, due to the damp patches still appearing in the spare room. There appear to be only two small holes, so perhaps the yukky/unwanted insulation is to blame...

I was somewhat lazy in regard to continuing with painting, predominantly due to spring doziness and too many things to do away from home. Shopping/hiking, village dos, visiting friends, etc, took over my time.
My windowsill was tidied after the repotted geraniums were reassembled. Minor chores were occupying me. There was another resort of the pantry, the Ebaying~off of 48 books and a couple of small items, and a few odds and ends to be done in the yard.....

No comments:

Post a Comment