Saturday, May 31, 2014

SPRING CLEANING 29

I continued with the Tibetan gold painting around the front door and window and have now finished the lower hall except for one strip near the floor behind the phone cabinet. The window is looking how I want it now, displaying the Tibetan gold paint rather than an 'everybody has this' white frame, as I mentioned in a former blog post.


I had to use a piece of cardboard when painting the window to ensure the paint did not go on the window itself. I simply placed the card on the window glass, and painted the surround, slopping onto the card. After a few patches, I had to replace the card though, as it got soggy at the edge and the sogginess went through onto the glass anyway. I therefore had to quickly smudge off any excess paint before having golden colored window glass!


Here is a shot of the finished window/phone area, once all the paint was dry and I had replaced the wiped over mirro and platter hangings. Another job I did, although minor, made for an increase in pleasurable sighting. I moved the pot plants on my windowsill slightly, into a new order on the tray and dusted the sill around them.


No comments:

Post a Comment