Saturday, May 17, 2014

SPRING CLEANING 27

The reason that there has not been much news lately is primarily because I have not done much to the house or yard lately, other than weeding a little in the veg plots. I currently have a half dozen tomatoes, a potato, 2 beans, a hoard of radishes and 7 garlic plants surfaced and growing, and plenty of seeds not yet showing.

 



I have now however continued with the next stage of painting lower hallway trim. Whether or not I left the window surround white or painted it was a personal choice, due to the fact that it was made of a material that did not require painting to stay looking fresh. I decided I would rather it were Tibetan Gold than white, though.

I have had little luck with selling excess stuff. Ebay presented me with a few troublesome customers who won bids only to announce that they did not realize it was collection only, and one worse. One lady made such a fuss about her purchase that I have decided not to continue selling at Ebay. I find the fees excessive, but had planned to sell some stuff that did not have much value there until this incident.

I am now concentrating on Craigslist and the local selling page at Facebook. Gumtree gets zero response and unfortunately Craigslist appears to be much the same. I have also decided to host a garage sale in order to hurry along the clearing out of the spare room so that i can progress to painting it, just in case I opt on getting a lodger rather than PT local work when my funds run out.


No comments:

Post a Comment