Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WINTER WONDERS 17


Here I am progressing up the stairs with the painting work. In the second shot you should be able to see where I have painted one coat and where two. I had to do a second coat on the hallway and work towards the stairs, although the midsection on one side has still only had a single coat in this photo.


No, I did not uncover a ladder in the undergrowth. The above picture shows what happens when wooden rose arches that are on their last legs and gale force winds get together. Distracting me from further paintwork for a few days, the 30~40mph gales blew down the rose arch remnants. Luckily, I have a new arch ready to assemble, whenever the winds die down for long enough. However, I had to clear the old debris into the patio, and prune the 2 roses back directly. Now, I am set to clear the undergrowth and erect the rose arch at some point.







No comments:

Post a Comment