Friday, February 21, 2014

WINTER WONDERS 16


These two shots show the area below the window and the table that used to belong to my grandmother that she used as her embroidery/sewing table. This appears to be what people of the first half of the 20th century had in their lounges instead of coffee tables. Whilst I can sew and embroider, I find it time~consuming and a waste of time. The next shot shows some sort of antique box with broken insert compartments. It is something I do not wish to own, but that might be of value for it is certainly 100 years old or more.

I had not forgotten the painting. My next photo shows the stair roof and one side after a single coat of 'Cookie Dough'. At the time of writing, I have now double coated most of the lower hall and single coated as shown in the above photo.

I then paid attention to the semi~cleared read and relax room. With my first Ebay sale resulting in the removal of my mother's bike frame, I had some space.
Putting the corner tub to one side until it is Freecycled or Ebayed away, I cleaned along one whole wall. Black patches remained, which made me consider painting over the white and leaving the pink...

...but I think readers will agree that the room is coming along, gradually...




No comments:

Post a Comment