Tuesday, February 11, 2014

WINTER WONDERS 13

The next excitement was the delivery of my new mattress. I prepared by carrying the old blue one that was threadbare in places downstairs. I then changed the under~mattress blanket.


This orange blanket came back from the hospital with my dad at some stage in the past 12 months, and knowing full well that they dump rather than wash and reuse their transportation blankets, I did not bother to return it, but washed it thru to re~use myself.

I took a break waiting on the new mattress to sort out the read n relax room windowsill. My father had a few propagators. There was a large rectangular one with a cracked base and the one shown in the picture which I decided to keep and use, at least...
...I snipped off the electric cord, as I do not approve of using 'fake energy' and set up the tubs and lids on the tray for manual use. The plan is to sow seeds in February, ready for planting out in March if the weather permits. If the weather finally gives us a winter in Feb/March, I can pot the seedlings up and use various sills around the house until such time as spring arrives. That is at least the plan...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment