Saturday, September 26, 2015

GARDEN GLIMPSES 23


As August drew to a close, and my first major cropping of apple trees resulted in so many apples that I HAD to dump a sack on E's doorstep, hoping she wants one this year, as well as last, when she did. I next have the passionfruits to look forward to - they do not last long once cropped! This year, the first picked was bitter, however.


This is a shot to update you on how the plants my friend gave me are going - they are growing well, and two are flowering. It is nice to see a small pinky-purply dot thru the kitchen window as much of the color is now gone for the time being as the seasons change.



September brings fall, and out came another burst of color - in the form of baby cyclamen plants. We have both white and pink. September made me commence a second batch of cider - this lot to be dry, the former sweet. I then aim to decide which I prefer and play with the apple/water ratio until perfected - if perfection does not arise this year. Below you can see the second batch in the sink being washed over. I additionally managed to persaude L to take a bag and B to take a pair of apples...


No comments:

Post a Comment