Friday, September 18, 2015

FALL CLEANSINGS 38


Here is a reminder of the situation in the spare room - ugly wallpaper of at least 35 years of age, filthy carpet of circa 45 years of age, and piles of junk for the tip. Here follows a shot of the mucky carpet under the furniture once the 3 charity men had removed the two old brown cupboardy structures and some other hoarded junk of my late parents - and a certain vacuum cleaner that ate the muck up for me.



Among the junk to be tipped are 2 former floor runner vacuums - not as good as the new Henry model. These two lasted less than 2 years each, one had filter problems and a loose brush and the other wouldn't suck without cutting out - both were made in China, so it is only to be expected. The new vacuum is made in Britain and of a higher quality.



This shot shows the stuff I am retaining - which should easily fit in the center of the room so I can redecorate with a rug over it. In fact, apart from the chair there is really only some family photos, cds, videos, a backpack, and few bags of diapers...photos can be scanned/given to son, other stuff sold - though noone seems to want the chair, so I might keep it.


My next task was to dispose of the settee. Purchased in 1953 by my parents when they first moved into this house after it had been built, it had been in situ more than 60 years. However, I did not like it, prefer modern furnishings, felt it a dust trap, and do not even use a lounge...but the charity couldn't take it due to fire hazard restrictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment