Sunday, December 1, 2013

FALL CLEANSINGS 14

Prior to the following, I took a video of the entryway, hallway, and kitchen as-was.


Wednesday evening I did return to the dusty scene of doom and use polyfilla on a few cracks. Thursday, I began to wipe down the entire room - including most of the dust from the floor. I then took a breather to go out shopping - came home to find my son had gotten rid of the junk to the tip with our friend, and also gotten the mattress upstairs - as he had dumped his old camp bed.

One calamity occurred when he impatiently tugged at the bed frame that followed - without waiting for my assistance - in the form of a chunk of wall on the corner of the stairs being chipped off - luckily, we have plenty of polyfilla left! Son has completely finished painting his room and is currently making scrapey-bangy noises as he positions his furniture and polishes it, sets up his bed, etc. I had a beer break as I contemplate the start of the painting...



Friday came & I began! I started applying caramel cream gloss to the walls, going in a clockwise direction around the kitchen. I took a short break - for beer/pee - and another short breather - to drink some water - later on, but the painting itself took circa 5 hours.

More pics and details to follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment