Sunday, December 8, 2013

FALL CLEANSINGS 15

Saturday came, and I applied hazelnut gloss to the trim, doors, shelf, and closets - this took me 5.5 hours. I began to wonder if I would ever finish, and it took longer than the walls themselves. I think this was probably because I had to be careful with edges and used a smaller paintbrush.


On Sunday, I re-coated the walls leaving the re-coating of the other bits for Monday. A friend brought me a large serve hot meal of bean chili and rice around, as the kitchen was unusable, for which I was very grateful.

As I began on Monday, I was thinking that it would be the longest paint-day yet, because I had taken longer to do the bits than walls previously, and I also had to fix up the joins and any patches missed. However, Monday ended up the shortest day of the four. Suddenly, the bulk of the paint-work was done! I ate Indian that night.



No comments:

Post a Comment