Thursday, November 21, 2013

FALL CLEANSINGS 9


I am starting to feel like it is 'my palace' more than 'dad's messy old ex-council dump' at last, with a few me-touches such as the above vase. Plenty of work yet to do though...






One task was to remove the door in between the hallway and kitchen. It is forever propped open by a dirty dusty doorstop. I never close it myself, although my father insisted upon shutting it every night. He had been told that 'if' a fire started in the kitchen, the closed door would help save him. There was also the task of getting rid of the boxes of stuff in the pink and white room.



 

The spare-room was beginning to get less cluttered, as I made my way slowly through the piles of stuff in there - perhaps hastened by the need to reach the bed, as my son had decided he did want it, after all. I waded my way through stacks of crockery and other bits and pieces, none of it ever 'used'... Finally, the pink and white room chairs were sawn and taken to the tip and the room was available for storing painting things in.





No comments:

Post a Comment