Sunday, November 24, 2013

FALL CLEANSINGS 11


My son continued to paint his room - green. As he occupied himself with that task, I began on my next task - removing the excess door. I never do shut it, and do not need a door between the hallway and kitchen, so decided to remove it. Easier said than done...

As you can see, there is a lot of paint on the screws... My first task was to scrape it off them so I could unscrew them. This was not so hard on the top 3 screws - but the bottom 3 gave me more trouble - one thread had worn and one has so much paint in, it was difficult. In the end, I used pliers to unscrew them, once I had them a little unscrewed.

The final screw would not budge - in the end, I held the door itself and twisted it until it dislodged the screw a little - and then I could release it using the pliers. Finally - the door was off - and I had a mess. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment