Friday, November 15, 2013

FALL CLEANSINGS 7


You can see that the entryway is now spick n span. Garden flowers in a vase I once bought from a holiday in Paignton Devon and a Thai food canister have more meaning to me than family photos and a mug filled with dirty old pens...
I also have my new doormat - £4 from Tesco - on display for use by entering muddy feet. Other than new paint, this area is DONE!


Well...this area is not. The great big white flatley in between my stove and dresser is filled with - my parents accumulated crockery. Yes, MORE plates, pans, saucers, etc... Eventually the flatley can be taken to the tip and the stuff inside sold or donated. I doubt very much that there is anything I want to keep. Plenty of work yet to do in the kitchen though - including painting of walls and the green will become either purple or chococlate brown.

I was either going with creamy brown walls and chocolate brown shelving/dresser OR mauvey walls and purple dresser/shelving. I made the decision to go for the 'cup of coffee' styled look, based primarily upon the fact that the tiled floor is dark brown and we have an ochre windowsill. Paint was purchased and I was ready to roll - after my son finished his room.

I actually began the painting yesterday - but have pre-written 3-4 more blogs to post before I get up to the actual painting tale!!


No comments:

Post a Comment