Wednesday, November 27, 2013

FALL CLEANSINGS 12


As well as the mess left by removing the door - I had a pinned on draught excluder to remove. Then, I was all set to go with my painting the kitchen task. I began the next day - a Wednesday in the middle of the month. I began by wiping down the walls, sanding them down, then wiping them down again. That sounds simple... Allow me to assure you it is not quite as simple as it sounds and to inform you that it took me 5 hours - almost 6 if you count a beer break and a break to eat a bowl of chilled stewed apple.
This shot looks so clean. Let me assure you it was not as clean as it looks. There was dust everywhere from the sanding. I had begun to move the first 1-2 pieces of furniture into the center of the room. That was not so hard. It was when I got around to the sink and had nowhere to put the cabinet, table, or fridge that I began to wonder if I had taken on a little too much and should scream for a pro to come in and do it for me.


Before getting that far, I got to the Flatley - there was nowhere to put it to clear out another day - so I had to turn it out - and throw it outdoors right away. I can recall it being used for its proper purpose of airing damp clothing when I was a child - but it had long since been turned into a closet. I mean, you would not want to put clean clothing in there now, would you?




No comments:

Post a Comment