Saturday, October 29, 2011

NEW VACUUM!


As explained when talking about the bathroom, I thought my new vacuum was having problems or blowing the fuse. As it turned out to be the socket, I suddenly wondered - perhaps that was what had been wrong with the old vacuum - perhaps I had not needed to buy a new one after all!

Testing it, the old white upright vac did indeed work - OOPSIES!

I am glad that adventure happened though - as I had planned to buy a floor-runner vac ever since arrival. I don't like the upright type, finding them too bulky and heavy and difficult to use. A floor-runner is much easier and what I have used for circa 20 years while in Aussie. I can get into corners, under chairs and tables, and carry it around in one hand while using it with the other. I do not regret the purchase.

However, it does mean that we have 3 unused vacs littering the house -
as well as my nice new one (new one on left) 

The little red one works - but creates a lot of dust and is difficult to clean. The big white one puffs out dust as it goes and won't access corners or under furniture without moving things. The yellow THING does not do anyTHING more than make a funny noise, if that.

Plans are to toss out the yellow one, dispose somehow of the red one, and clean up and sell the white one - after all, I do have 3-4 unused bags for that and it does still work properly - if you like big chunky uprights.... any offers?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I can't make an offer, but it's definitely a good idea to sell them. You could probably sell the red one, too. You should just put them up on eBay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The red one is a bit yukky to sell, with a crack on the handle and the bags filfthy.... but the white one can be cleaned up and sold. Actually, there was a leaflet in yesterday's junk mail offering to take away old junk to recycle - so i might just toss the yellow and red vacs out for that next week.

    ReplyDelete