Friday, October 7, 2011

THE BATHROOM SAGA – new flooring 2


After emptying out a lot of junk – including an old wall cabinet, mouldy cloth, wire brush, piece of wood and a broken mirror that were dumped and a tooth mug, bucket, jar of adhesive and a bedpan that were kept - on dad's orders, the closet was more or less empty. A lot of dirt, dead spiders and dust remained – along with one problem. There were some yellow-green electrical wires joining some of the water pipes...

 
With the lino due in just under a week, I was wondering about how to keep the wire water-free in a bathroom without a closet. I could hardly rip the old closet out until the wires had been seen to – did they need waterproof tape or a major wooden structure...?

I managed to find out that they were 99% surely used for earthing – aka grounding. This did not really tell me if they could be waterproof-taped or needed further covering – so I hoped that doing some vacuuming would solve my problem. (The last two times I had vacced upstairs using the central wall socket, the electricity had blown – if it happened a third time, I got to call an electrician.)

In the meantime, I had a new living inhabitant move in.


2 comments:

  1. He came to admire your work. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He came a bit early then - it wasn't finished then!!

    ReplyDelete