Tuesday, October 25, 2011

THE BATHROOM SAGA – new flooring 6



The final cleaning began and ended on my father's 88th birthday. I then unrolled part of the lino and marked it off at 70, 50, 50 – to make 170cm. I had to place the roll on my bed to have enough room to cut straight – as on the floor it rolled up or bumped into walls.
 
Snipping along the red line between markings either side, left me with a large piece of linoleum to cover the bathroom floor and underneath father's commode. Snipping this into the two pieces required, I merely had to remove everything from the bathroom and begin to lay the lino.

It seemed to be an almost perfect fit – except that at the door it would not go under the furry brush bit father had fixed to the door. I had therefore to trim the edge by the door and it therefore looks a little ragged. Otherwise, the lino fitted fine. The only other snipping needed was a small inlet for two nails that stuck up by the bath and trimming down one side where the width of the room varied between 117 and 118cm. I then measured and snipped the other piece to perfection and laid it down to make an unwalled en suite in dad's bedsit.
 
There is enough over to tackle the toilet, and from the looks of the roll, make several door mats or a roll of lino for the floor in the pink n white room! It seems to be much larger than the 2mx260m piece that I ordered...

2 comments:

  1. It looks nice. I'm glad everything went smoothly and that you have lots of leftovers. Sounds like you got your money's worth for the lino. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - luckily there should be enough to try again if I stuff up when i try to tackle the toilet floor!

    ReplyDelete