Friday, October 21, 2011

THE BATHROOM SAGA – new flooring 5


On Friday, two days after the lino was delivered, I got tools from the shed and began to scrape old wallpaper from the wall which had been enclosed in the closet. I figured that even if it looked ugly, it needed to be done before cleaning up.




It took me 3 shifts of around 10-15 minutes each. I was not being lazy, but once again, my father's meals got in the way. First I had to heat up a pair of crumpets and deliver them to him – and later on remove the empty plate and tray...

I began to wipe over the wall, pipes, ledge, floor, and undersink – only to find the next hindrance. The white paint was flaking off and the mucky gunk behind the pipes was too much for one cloth. Having a sinus headache building up, I decided to postpone in order to tackle a thorough cleaning Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. The mask is a good idea in that small space with all kinds of junk getting stirred up. Can the window be opened to keep it ventilated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I leave the window open for a couple hours most days - the upstairs of the house has fresh air!

    ReplyDelete