Tuesday, September 27, 2011

FIRST THINGS FIRST - the kitchen sink closet


The kitchen sink-closet needs a second repair job already, although I did try to fix it around a year ago. The closet was home assembled by my father at some point during the 22 years which I spent in Australia. Across a few weeks the closet began to slowly part from the wall it was attached to and stick out into the kitchen at the top - making it difficult to get between it and the table in order to reach the pantry...

I grabbed a tube of home repair glue and managed to glue the closet to a strip of 'something' that was stuck on the wall – until the strip that was attached to the wall came away from the wall, that sufficed. Currently, we have the same problem as we had last year – as the strip is peeling away from the wall in much the same manner as the closet did before. Rather than buy - then use-  another tube of glue to stick the strip to the wall, I plan on using some housekeeping money for a new closet. 

This will however have to wait a little while – as I have a few more projects in mind first. I will post pictures of the new closet when I do get around to buying one – probably in around 3 months time. For now, here are some pictures of what has been done so far. 




No comments:

Post a Comment