Friday, September 23, 2011

FIRST THINGS FIRST - bedding


New bedding was a must for me as I could not feel at home in 'my' room using bedding I had wanted in my childhood and teens. I am now in my mid forties and my tastes have definitely changed. Whereas once I delighted in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang bedspreads and Pierrot doona covers, my current taste ran more into plain colors - predominantly black.


 
I purchased 3 doona covers - white with black trim, black with silver trim, black and purple satin. These each came with a single pillowslip, necessitating the purchase of a pair of black and white pillowslips and a white pillowslip. As for undersheets, I already had 2 brown ones - so I simply bought a new black fitted sheet to complete my 3 sets of bedding - as I do not currently use a top sheet.

There were two more purchases needed – a brown throw rug and brown sitters blanket to top my bed with and a feather pillow. I prefer not to use animal products if possible, but have yet to find a 'fake' pillow filling that allows me a good allergy-free nights sleep. I was waking up with a hot head and red face using the artificially filled pillow that I had been given – which now has become my reading/second pillow.

I now have satisfactory bedding and feel 'at home' in my own bed, if not the entire room! Talking of which – the bed itself is totally unique – more about that in another post!




No comments:

Post a Comment