Tuesday, July 10, 2018

OUTDOORS 36


Here you can see the result of my Mid-May hammering. The bike alleyway on the side of the house had a fence that wobbled in the wind and needed to be connected to the roof - which was still sturdy in framework if chipped in one corner. Liz suggested I ram a piece of wood in to stop it bending in and out and I located a bar of wood to begin with, expecting to have to saw it into two pieces to fill the gap.

I could not remove the nail/screws, though - so aimed to bang the wood up into them, then slot in a seconds horizontal bit below to wedge the gap. This proved too difficult - BUT - during trying to do so, I discovered that the wood lodged behind 2 screws would bend the fence into correct posture were I to bend the wood back vertically. I therefore secured the wood trapped at the top between two screws - and bunged a couple more new ones in in case they bent - and nailed it into place. It's fixed!


Above is Liz's working solution to cats on poly tunnel rooves who dig claw marks into the poly - netting pinched back home from the plot. here is the result of some of my crops - the lettuce from the poly tunnel, chives from Liz's garden, and nasturtium from the plot!



The crops just keep coming now May has turned to June - this was one day's strawberry pickings for example. the following shows the gooseberry haul from the same day.



& again - another sampling of crops. Liz mentioned lambs wool slug repellent pellets - and I investigated. I had a £10 online voucher, so bought two packs to 'try'. My verdict is that the product works very well - 2 chilies and 2 lemongrass plants have not been touched by a slug when using the first pack - the downfall being the cost - to cover the allotment would cost around £75....per annum!

No comments:

Post a Comment