Friday, July 20, 2018

INDOORS 57


I dug up the last of the shallots on the final day of June - and laid them out to dry before storing. This crop was good - I started with only 8 shallot sets and cropped about 3 dozen large shallots. A quick look at the back door after the final coat of paint...


July's first major task was done by someone else - the plumber! The toilet that my adult son broke was replaced - totally. As we argued about whether or not he was responsible for paying for it, he agreed to pay half of the cost - but also half the cost of the bathroom renovations. This has allowed me to start making plans and inquiries into replacing the bath with a shower and a few other odds and ends.

I had originally planned to call in at 4-5 bathroom stores for rough estimates, but after the first visit I decided to go with the company that my best friend Liz used for her bathroom renovations and various other household upgrades. I had thought they might be a bit too expensive, as had she, but on finding that replacing the bath with a shower would cost under 5 grand, I decided to stick with a company we know offers quality installation and service - and I came home with a brochure of backing panels options to drool over.


Here is my first self-grown lemongrass stem! Now we get back to that bathroom renovation project. Here are three photos depicting are as-is bathroom and I am certain you will see that although it is functional, it is a terrible sight. When I have tried to spring clean it, I give up after 5-10 minutes, as scrubbing doesn't budge the stains. We are finally about to launch a multi-grand bathroom renovation. HERE is what we currently have: EWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!



No comments:

Post a Comment